https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdW-CMKDPYP/ 

For this post I focused on the idea that “social media uniquely demands an identity that is pure, performative fiction” (Jurgenson 70). This idea relates not only to this post but also to my general project. By purposely not focusing on using my Instagram page as a self-promotion platform, my use of social media is pushing back against this idea. In my post, the viewer gets a view from my music stand as if they are in my practice room watching me practice, which gives the performance a more personal kind of authenticity. However, I am still constructing a performance, and it is still on social media. This relates to the “conflict between the self as social performance and the self as authentic expression” (Jurgenson 70). In my post and my whole Instagram, I am walking that line and doing both and neither simultaneously by portraying seemingly authentic performances through the scope of social media. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Nostalgia