https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cdg0kMJDYSO/ 

For this week’s assignment, my Instagram posts deviated a little bit from what they usually are. Notably, the link above redirects to a post where I am not performing something improvised, it is not meant to be a minute long. This video is a snapshot of a moment in rehearsal, much like a social photo would be a snapshot of a moment in someone’s life. Jurgenson says “the social photo is a mirror reflection of your conscious awareness of the moment as a moment, placing you both in the moment and outside the moment, manipulating it” (85). My post captures this idea effectively. Just as a photo, I can come back to this video periodically and experience that moment from an outside perspective. But it also gives me a chance to relive that moment and remember. This potentially contributes to the way I view myself as a musician and helps me understand my identity.


Comments

  1. I love how you think about how your immediate and outside perspective/experience of the moment shapes your identity as a musician, as I can self-identify myself in this idea a lot too. Comparing a snapshot as a social photo to your video clip as a 'social video' was an also really interesting and effective choice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Nostalgia